Sunday, June 13, 2010

Noah's Cake

When my bestfriend (who LOVES frogs) had her first child I made her this cake.
She, her husband, and their families ate this cake to celebrate Noah's first  day home.

This was one of my first disaster cakes- it isn't very noticable in the picture but the cake leaned. I didn't cut the layers evenly and I added too much icing to compensate the problem. Also, when making bright or vibrant colors with Gel food coloring, one must remember that a little goes a long way. The only complaint I got from my friend is that after eating the cake, everyone's mouth was bright aqua. Something I also learned with this cake, Gel food coloring will darken over time. This is the color of the cake right after I finished decorating it... the next morning it was more of a dark teal color.

That is what this whole process is about Dollies, bake, mistake, and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment