Friday, November 12, 2010

Carrot Cake #2

Early on in October my mother-in-law wanted me to make her a carrot cake for her birthday but she had one simple request- She wanted the cream cheese icing to taste like cream cheese, not powered sugar and cream cheese. I searched every baking book I had and all over the Internet and everything I could find called for 8oz of cream cheese and 6 cups of powdered sugar! Then, just as I was getting frustrated beyond belief I found this gem:

1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
16oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
2 cups sifted Confectioner's Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Basically all I did was cream the cheese and butter together then slowly add the powdered sugar and vanilla.

So simple and so tasty! After it thickened it tasted like cheesecake on a carrot cake. I am so proud of this cake and apparently word has gotten around because I have 2 more orders for this cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment